At the core of Imagineers work lies the Festival of Imagineers, a week-long festival celebrating innovation, linking art design and engineering and acting as a catalyst for new creative work at the intersection of art and engineering. FOI works with creative thinkers and innovators locally, nationally and internationally to create a unique festival of outdoor/site specific performance and interactive experiences, outdoors, indoors and in unusual spaces.
The festival aims to develop a new relationship with audiences offering people access to hidden spaces, engaging the public as creative collaborators, influencing the development of performances and productions at R&D and concept development stage, making stage and finally as audiences and critics, as projects are realised.
The festival draws on Coventry’s heritage in design and manufacture and focuses on:
- creating world class outdoor productions through international and national collaborations
- commissioning local artists to tell the city’s stories and reveal hidden spaces
- growing and inspiring imagineers of the future
- connecting young people and communities to their heritage through new technologies
- creative partnerships with businesses to develop narrative performance and interactive experiences, nurturing unique collaborations with engineers, manufacturers, designers and architects
- projects to engage and unify isolated and fragmented communities
- transforming city spaces through site specific performances and installation