At the core of Imagineers work lies the Festival of Imagineers, a week-long festival celebrating innovation, linking art design and engineering and acting as a catalyst for new creative work at the intersection of art and engineering. FOI works with creative thinkers and innovators locally, nationally and internationally to create a unique festival of outdoor/site specific performance and interactive experiences, outdoors, indoors and in unusual spaces.
The festival aims to develop a new relationship with audiences offering people access to hidden spaces, engaging the public as creative collaborators, influencing the development of performances and productions at R&D and concept development stage, making stage and finally as audiences and critics, as projects are realised.
The festival draws on Coventry’s heritage in design and manufacture and focuses on:
- creating world class outdoor productions through international and national collaborations
- commissioning local artists to tell the city’s stories and reveal hidden spaces
- growing and inspiring imagineers of the future
- connecting young people and communities to their heritage through new technologies
- creative partnerships with businesses to develop narrative performance and interactive experiences, nurturing unique collaborations with engineers, manufacturers, designers and architects
- projects to engage and unify isolated and fragmented communities
- transforming city spaces through site specific performances and installation
Festival of Imagineers 2017
Click here to view the gallery of last years festival.
Click here to meet the Festival of Imagineers team!
Festival of Imagineers – The Future
Over the next 5 years Imagineer has ambitious plans to build the FOI into a major international festival in 2021 where people will come together to imagine the impossible and wonder at the extraordinary creations at the intersection of engineering and art.